What To Pack In Your Maternity Bag

by - 23:21

Hi Guys!
It's taken me a while to write this post but better late than never, ha ha. This is just a list of stuff that I have packed and I hope that some of you might find it useful or inspiring. The stuff I packed obviously work for me but might not work for others. Some may think I'm overpacked whilst others will think I didn't pack enough, he he.

I packed two bags. For the baby's stuff I just used a white, leather pram bag. It's big enough to fit all the stuff I needed. I just packed all the clothes and stuff in there and then packed the blankets and nappies in the second bag.

So here's what I packed for the baby:

*3 blankets
I decided to pack three simply because I couldn't decide which ones to take. I think the hospital I'm going to provides them whilst you're in hospital but I thought I would take 2 cellular blankets just in case and also a nice, soft, snuggly blanket which I can use for the car seat, etc.

*sleepsuits (3x up to three months & 2x newborn)
I don't actually know what size the baby will be and also I don't trust the sizes of baby stuff, especially when made by different manufacturers so I thought it would make sense to pack a few different sizes.

*5 bibs
Because you can never have too many bibs.

*comfort blanket
That's obviously not a necessity but it's cute, ha ha.

*4 hats
To keep his little head warm. Once again he probably won't need all four but I couldn't decide which one I wanted him to wear and it all depends on what outfit he ends up wearing home.

*5 scratch mittens
Their little nails are razor sharp. Literally.

*2 cardigans
I packed a white one and a blue one and they go with almost any outfit.

*5x newborn vests
You need vests :)

*3x baby set (tiny baby, newborn & 0-3m)
Again, I don't know the size the baby will be so I just packed my favourite sets in three sizes.

*4 pairs of socks
He probably won't need that many socks but hey.. socks always go missing!

*knitted booties
I don't want to use shoes for the first three months, hopefully. I think the little knitted booties look cute, they're soft just like socks but they can also really bring an outfit together.

*nappies
The hospital might provide nappies but I'd rather just go with the ones we're using instead of using the hospital ones then going home and using different ones which can cause irritation.

*wipes
The midwives do advise that you just use cotton wool and warm water for the first few days, which is okay, I will probably do that for like two days but wipes are handy for wiping sickness. In fact, baby wipes are good for everything, ha ha.

*nappy bags/sacks
Nappies smell. Hospital bins will end up smelly. Your room will smell. Just pack some, ha ha.

For the second bag I just used one of those sports bags. I packed mine and Graeme's stuff in there as well as the babies nappies, wipes, etc.

For Graeme:
-deodorant
-shower gel
-swimming shorts
-plastic bag/s
-socks
-boxers
-trackies/trousers
-t-shirt
-jumper

For Myself:
-pen and paper
-pillow
-thank you card and chocolates
-water bottle
-travel size toiletries
-birthing and baby plan
-toothbrushes and toothpaste
-deodorant
-phone charger
-2 pairs of leggings
-pyjamas
-two comfortable t-shirts
-comfortable short
-2 vest tops
-2 jumpers
-cardigan
-bikini
-4 pairs of socks
-old pants
-dressing gown
-breast pads

So that's it really. If you have any tips or if you want to share what you packed and ended up using/not using, please do comment below, I find those really interesting! :)

Here's the video of what I packed too:




Loads of love from me to You,
Love, Daria xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments