Documents and Papers: Organizing a Cupboard for Papers, Documents, Binders, Books, etc.

by - 22:18

Let me just start off by saying; I have that many organizing projects going on and so many different pictures taken at once I keep getting lost, ha ha. I need to delete pictures that I've already made a blog post about and then save them in some kind of order. I will definitely make a blog organizing section in my binder.. this is getting serious, ha ha!
Let's begin. 
I have a cupboard in my living room which I knew would be perfect for binders, documents, books and so on, but it was such a mess and it was so full of clutter I refused to look in it and didn't even think of cleaning it out. (The feeling I got when it was finished.. was amazing!) The cupboard is built into the wall so it's really out of sight almost and it even has a lock so you can lock it with a key, which I think is great, especially if I'll be keeping documents there.
I laid out ALL the documents, papers, contracts and stuff that I could find on the floor and then sorted it into little 'section piles' and that's how I decided what was going where in my new binder (which I will make a blog post about too, don't worry). Anyway, let's get to it, before I get going and write a book!

Here's a fraction of the stuff I had to go through just to get my binder organized, JUST the binder! I had a whole cupboard to clean out after that.

This is what the cupboard looked like before I started. I wonder how I let things get to that state! We did bring a toy box downstairs to the living room for William and it 'lived' in front of the cupboard door and nobody was in it for a while so that could be part the reason (his toys are organized now, and we're back to just having a box of toys in the living room, rather than half of his bedroom, ha ha)

There's no much to say about how I did this to be quite honest, as it depends on what you have in your cupboard. I did have two bins bags full of clutter though. I emptied the whole cupboard and once again sorted things into piles. I had piles like; stuff I can use for organizing (so empty binders, pockets, etc), cooking books, other 'uncategorised' books, binders, and a few more and then I just found a place for each category in the cupboard. I thought the cupboard was full! Turns out I have an empty shelf and a lot of space, now, after clearing it out.


Voilà! The finished product! I will explain what's on each shelf, starting from the bottom.


Shelf #1 - I had two old laptops that barely even work that I just keep for spares or repairs and they don't have a home, but they lived in that cupboard for a while so I thought I would let them live there for a bit longer but clean it up a bit. 
In the plastic bag, I put in all the chargers, cables, etc., so they are out the way and not getting caught/tangled on stuff.

Shelf #2 - Here I have all my binders. The black one is new and that's what all the binders are going to look like once I buy new ones. I will also probably stack them on top of each other because I don't think the cupboard closes properly now.
(From the left) I have my Organization Binder, which is where I keep all the stuff to keep my life organized; meal planners, exercise routine, pet log, exercise log, to do list and so one.
Documents binder, all my important documents, things I need to get sorted, contracts, receipts and other papers are in there.
The red one is a binder for my business (Daria's Boutique) stuff. I keep invoices, receipts and all that stuff in there, and the binder is seriously too small so I can't wait to get a bigger one!
The thin blue one is my pregnancy folder, so every time I have a doctor's appointment, appointment with the midwife, a scan, and so on, I take that folder with me.
The little black book is my planner. I actually have a big A4 one as well, I just haven't put it away yet. I keep all the appointments and stuff in there.
And last but no least, the little 'baby binder' is an address and telephone binder with everyone's addresses and telephone numbers in them. Obviously.

As for the stuff next to the binders I have organizing stuff at the bottom (empty pockets, organizers, etc), loads of big and small empty jotters and then two glossybox boxes on top which I think are amazing for organizing and so easy to stack on top of each other.
One is for cards; christmas, birthdays, etc and the other one I names as stationery, because that's where I'm keeping a spare pen, pencil, hole punch, label stickers and anything else I might need when organizing.

Shelf #3 - This shelf is pretty simple. I have a few books that aren't 'readable'. Basically books that are useful, but nothing you would read whilst lying in the bath(?), ha ha.
The yellow can is where I've been putting pennies. We need to save some up for when we go to Blackpool so William can have plenty for the two penny machines at the arcades. 
Next to that, there is just a picture, an experience day gift, and something else, I don't even know, ha ha.

Shelf #4 - This is where the cooking books are going to go I think. I already started my collection but I'm thinking about having half of it for cooking recipes and half of it for Avon related stuff. Being an Avon Representative is a 1 000 000x easier when everything is organized!

That's it for the cupboard. It took me forever to sort. If you didn't read the post, you probably just figured out what I did from the pictures, ha ha. But anyway, I hope you liked the post and I have more organizing posts lined up!

Loads of motivation from me to you,
Love, Daria xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments