Kitchen: Organizing Your Drawers

by - 21:54

The kitchen was in serious need of de-clutter! But it's all done now and I'm so happy!
The 'before' picture of the clutter drawer. This was half-organized once upon a time and then all of the stuff that didn't have a home ended up in this drawer.
Here's what happened roughly: There was two 'compartments' in there; one made of an old biscuit tin and one made from cardboard, ha ha. I put in two new compartments (which are really just CLEAN kitten litter trays, ha ha ha) and they fit perfectly! I was so happy!
The baking paper, cling film, etc., got moved to the cupboard below.
The recipe books don't live there any more and will live in my 'files and books' cupboard once it's done.
Some clutter got binned.
The rest got organized.


And here's the finished product. Looks completely different now! 
In the left compartment I have my baking and icing stuff; icing thingys that go at the end of the tub in an old candle holder, cookie cutters, mixer bits, silicon and paper cupcake cases. I'm sure there's other things I will find lying about. I bought a basket today so I will use that to put all the cookie cutters in and that should save some space too.
In the right compartment, I put all my cooking things in. I can't even think of what they're called! My brain is frazzled tonight after sorting out documents, ha ha. But anyway, they used to sit in a big jar at the window near the sink but it will be a lot neater if they 'live' in there, he he.

I had some cat treats so I put them in the space I had leftover and I put two pens (that I had leftover out of about 20 that I had to bin because they didn't work) in the space too.

My cutlery drawer was quite organized anyway. I forgot to take a before picture. The cutlery holder was 'along the way' instead of 'up the way' (if that makes sense) and the container was behind it. There was clutter in the container which I then cleaned out and I put William's cutlery in there instead. Can opener, peeler, etc are in the space that was leftover and of course all the cutlery is in the cutlery holder.

I feel like this blog post was so simple, ha ha. But it takes so much motivation to actually get up and do something. Reading other people's blogs and watching YouTube videos had really motivated me to organize my home, and trust me; once you start it gets easier, and easier. When you do have all your stuff organized, you'll feel so proud of yourself and so happy within! Life gets so much easier when things are organized and it makes you more motivated to do things. Believe me, I need a lot of motivation; running around after a toddler whilst pregnant and trying to keep the house clean.
It's also so much easier keeping the house clean when everything has a home. When things don't have a home, you put them in the next available, empty space and that's how you end up with clutter, and there's nothing worse than having to sit and dig through clutter and trying to organize it. So try to find a home for every item in your house, and most importantly, ask yourself if you really need half the stuff!

To a cleaner home!
Love, Daria xoxo



You May Also Like

0 comments