Kitchen: Organizing Food Cupboard / Pantry

by - 21:22

I'm quite excited for this post, 'cos I am really quite proud of myself, he he. This cupboard was also organized, once upon a time..
Anyway, let's start.. because we all know what I'm like when I start talking/typing.

This is what the cupboard looked like before I sorted it. I had already lifted some stuff out before realising that I had to take a picture. There was that much clutter in there, I forgot I had half the stuff that I found, ha ha. 

This is the stuff that I took out the cupboard before I took the picture.

So let me just explain things a bit:
I took out every single item out the cupboard and cleaned all the shelves. I then tried to categorize everything that was going back in. Half way through I thought of putting drawers in one of the big cupboards in our home and keeping some stuff there and that's what we did. It saved so much space!

This is the finished product! It might not look that organized but everything is categorized..ish. I tried. I'm not really certain which category each thing came under so I made up my own categories, ha ha. 

-Top shelf: pasta, sweet sauces (syrup, honey, etc), cake decorations, baking sodas/powders, custard (i might have to move it to the bottom), sugars, flours, etc.
-Middle Shelf: Tea and Coffee, Instant Oatmeal sachets and Rice (I don't want them there but I haven't found a space/category/home for them yet), soy and stir fry sauces, spices.
-Bottom Shelf: (from the left) at the back we have some baby food that I have leftover that isn't out of date, rivita (it doesn't fit in the healthy snack box nicely), healthy snack box, sauces and spreads (brown sauce, nutella, etc.), gravy granules and seasoning, container full of different stock cubes, salt and pepper.

We have recently started organizing our meals and we have 5 'meals' a day. We have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. I thought I would buy some healthy cereal bar and some nuts and I put them in that little container and labelled it. This way I can see when we're running out of breakfast bars and nuts.

In these containers, I keep everything that you can see names on the pictures. The containers aren't that 'nice', but I'll be ordering new ones, more stackable ones next week, which will look a lot neater.
The container with colourings/flavourings fits perfectly on top of the other containers which I didn't realise before, so that saved some space too!

To save space in the kitchen, as we have limited space already, we have put a chest of drawers in one of the cupboards in the house. The cupboard is almost just outside the kitchen so it's really easy to get to.
Next to the drawers there's also a big white bag. That big white bag is a big bag of potatoes, straight from a farm. They are definitely better than the potatoes you get from the shops!

I labelled two of the three drawers as I haven't decided what I want in the bottom drawer yet. I might put pastas or something in there, I'm not sure yet.

Tins/Cans drawer: The drawer is quite small, but it's holding this just now until we find a better space for them. I was thinking of building a big pantry organizer shelves (?) to fit the cupboard, this way we can keep most of the food in there and that will give us a lot more space in the kitchen.

Fast Food drawer: I wasn't sure what to call this drawer so I called it fast food, ha ha. The labels are easily changed so it's okay. Anyway, in this drawer I have pasta, noodles, cups of soup.. A lot of unhealthy crappy thing really.

I am so happy with how everything is coming together and I really can't wait to share the rest of the stuff with you!

How did I make the labels?
I just used masking tape. That's the paper-y kind of tape. I cut a bit of that, stuck it on and wrote on it. It's easy to remove and you can write on it with almost anything!

Loads of motivation from me to you,
Love, Daria xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments