Organizing Project 1 - de-cluttering the 'shoe cupboard'

by - 17:12

Yesterday I started organizing my home. I told myself that I was every shelf, cupboard, drawer and corner of this house organized!
I've seen so many great ideas online, I can't wait to use them all. I want this place to be perfect before baby number two comes. 
Yesterday I cleaned the living room a bit, then I sorted all my mail which actually covered the whole of my dining table to the point where you couldn't see it, then I went online to download stuff for my binder. It took me forever to find and download things that I wanted in my binder and then boom, there was no ink in the printer, ha ha. So I left it at that.

I then went into the shoe cupboard in our 'hallway' which wasn't really getting used for shoes. It took me over an hour to clean it out! I have all the shoes in there now and William's shoes too. I also want to put in a pressure pole so I can use it for scarves and a little basket for hats and gloves. Anyway, I'm gonna fetch the picture of the mess that was in that cupboard and I'll take pictures of the cupboard now and I will post them right here.


This is just some of the clutter that came out the cupboard. A lot stuff that shouldn't even have been in there! You can see my little shoe rack in the picture, which used to just sit in the hallway.


I cleaned the cupboard out completely and the space in the cupboard is quite big so I was able to extend the shoe rack, which now fits more shoes than it ever did before.


I put all the 'less used' shoes on the 'shelves' on the side.


I wanted William's shoes organized too. There's a lot more pairs that I need to get from his room. I was just going to put his shoes on the 'shelf' but they fit perfectly in the gaps and it saves so much space, so I did that instead. All the shoes that are too big for him are stored at the bottom of the cupboard in the left corner.


Above William's shoes there are some things that I wanted to keep that I can't really find a space for. So I put two little rugs, a pram sleeping bag thingy (ha ha), a baby bouncer (one of the ones you hang on the door) and one of those baby carrier things that you strap onto yourself. And it's also where the slippers will 'live'. There are also some boxes neatly stored at the very side of the cupboard.


And of course, I can't go anywhere without these two monkey following me everywhere! 

This might not look like a lot but it has made such a difference! Like I said it took over an hour to clean out and organize but I am so glad I finally did it. 
My partner also cleaned out another cupboard that we have, in which we'll be able to hang more jackets as this one is slightly full. Our hallway still has some clutter lying about because there's a lot to sort out, but it's definitely better than it was before.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, we moved the bedroom about too and it looks better. My vanity is near the window and in front of the bed so it's in the best place possible to make videos.

I'm yapping on now.. ha ha. I have so many more projects around the house and I think they will make fun blog posts. Maybe there will be some ideas people like or something? I don't know, anyway, I will 'see you' in my next blog post or my video if you watch me.

Love,
Daria xoxo


You May Also Like

0 comments