Kitchen: Organizing Pots, Pans and Lids

by - 20:56

Let me just start by saying; this cupboard was organized perfectly once upon a time. I'm not even sure what happened to it, but, it did get really messy. It got to the point where I didn't like going near the cupboard. Just the thought of trying to find something or get something out of there was frustrating! Sooo, I had to sort it. Here we go:

This is the 'before' picture. As you can see, things were just 'thrown in', everything was on top of.. everything! It was really disorganized! I'll explain what I did in the following picture.


This is the 'after' picture. It looks a lot more organized and it's definitely a lot more accessible.
Here's what I did:
-I binned anything I didn't use. There were three frying pans in there, really cheap ones, that didn't make it to my little 'hanging station' as I barely used them so I binned them. I never, ever used them and like I said they were really cheap! (I thought I was getting a bargain! No, no-terrible quality!)
-Tins: For now I have stacked the tins on top of each other. I'd love to have a different way for storing them, which I will find eventually but this will do for one. I put all the square pans on top of each other, biggest to smallest, and then I put all the smaller round tins inside the bigger one.
-Lids: I used an old cutlery holder as it didn't fit in out cutlery drawer. It has quite deep compartments so it's really great for holding the lids. I also hold cutting board in one of them compartments.

There was space at the side, so I used that space to store my knife sharpener but then I changed it about after the picture; I put the knife sharpener in one of the compartments and then I put my cling film, baking paper, etc., at the side and it all fits just perfectly.  

William was helping, of course. As usual, ha ha.

And this is how I keep my pots. I never did have a lot of cupboard space in the kitchen so I had to think of something. I bought a curtain pole (I think?) and then I bought a packet or two of hooks and that is where I hang my pots. They're out the way, it doesn't look cluttered and they are very easily accessible!
I did this a while back. Probably months ago, but I thought I'd post a picture anyway since it fits the post 'y'know. 

Kitchen organizing motivation from me to you,
Love, Daria xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments