William's 2nd Birthday

by - 00:58

It was William's 2nd birthday on 22nd March (2014). I cried that morning. I thought back to the times when he was just a baby and how much he has grew and became his own little person in the last two years just made me very emotional. It's amazing how he's something that Graeme and I made and now he's developing his own, little personality.


When I was looking through Facebook, months back, I saw a cake very similar to the one above and so I started searching for someone who could bake a personalised cake for William. I got Harriets Cakes, a lovely lady from Dalbeattie, to make William's cake and it was amazing! She made everything herself, including all the animals. I was really impressed, and so was William of course. He loves 'rah-rah' (lion) and all the other animals. Especially monkeys, ha ha.


We didn't really throw a party, it was more of a 'family get together'. Once William starts nursery and stuff, I'm sure he'll have birthday parties, but it was nice just to have family over.







William got a lot of things; toys, books, clothes, teddies. I have no idea what we're going to buy baby #2, because William seems to already have everything. My mum prefers gifts that last a lifetime. For his last birthday, she got a beautiful baby necklace, which was shaped like baby feet, had a little blue gem on it and it had William's name and date of birth written on it.



This year, my mum bought him a personalised blanket. It has his name on it, the date he turned two, and '2 latka', which means '2 years old' in Polish. It'll be nice for him to look back on all those things when he's bigger.

What are some gifts you would give to a toddler??

Birthday Cake from Me to You,
Love, Daria xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments